Our Proud Heritage:
Bradford Carpet One Floor & Home has long been regarded as the premier flooring store in Saugus, MA and surrounding communities. Locally owned and operated for more than 28 years, we are known for our superior customer service, and professional staff. Because we belong to the largest floor covering cooperative in the world our company offers the very best flooring products, in a high volume showroom, with only the most qualified installers.
We believe in creating a family friendly work environment, where each person is an integral member of the team, yet responsible for his or her own results and earning potential. We are proud of our heritage and would like to find an individual who will excel and prosper in a fast paced retail environment becoming a valued member of our team.
Are you the Ideal Candidate?
If you are looking for a career, and have a passion for people with a flare for design, you may be the candidate we’re looking for. If you are a self-motivated, and detail orientated individual we will provide the tools and training you need to achieve outstanding success. If you’re the type of person who desires compensation based on results, your financial security is assured by being assertive, creative, and by building your client base.
Sales and Design Consultant- Retail Flooring
About the Position:
This position requires an individual to interact with customers and assist them in making product choices according to their individual needs. Whether the interaction occurs in our award winning showroom, in the customer’s home, or in the community, the objective is always to provide both design and flooring advice that will make the customers buying decision easier. Therefore, the ideal candidate must be willing to divide his or her work time between the showroom floor, visiting customers’ homes, prospecting for new clients, and networking within the community. In order to be successful the candidate must also be willing to undergo our extensive product and sales training in order to become a certified flooring expert.
It is also expected that the individual be a self-starter, personally well organized, and willing to create new business as well as to provide outstanding customer service and follow-up.
Although not an all inclusive list, the following are some of duties and expectations for this position:
- Greeting customer on the sales floor and determining their wants and need.
- Answering questions and providing information to customers about flooring.
- Assisting customers with flooring choices - explaining features and benefits of various types of flooring.
- Helping customers with their choice through decorating and design advice.
- Keeping up-to-date on the wide selection of floors we have to offer along with the benefits and warranties provided by each.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Writing sales orders
- Networking regularly and working effectively with other store employees.
- Receiving payment or obtain credit authorization.
- Using computer database to research availability of merchandise and to process orders. Following up in a timely and professional manner with customers on all requests or concerns.
- Visiting customer’s homes or workplace to provide product and design advice.
- Prospecting for new business.
We offer the following opportunities and benefits:
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Employee discounts
- Retirement plan
The skills and abilities we’re seeking include:
- A passion for, or experience with, decorating or design.
- Must be willing and able to attend some off site training.
- Must have access to reliable transportation in order to get to work, and to visit customers’ homes.
- Must have open and flexible work availability.
- Retail sales experience is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professionalism, to include dependability, accountability, and punctuality.
- Self-motivated and internally driven to excel in your position and career.
- Time management skills for juggling multiple (and sometimes competing) deadlines and deliverables.
How to Apply:
Please email the following to INFO@BRADFORDCARPET.COM:
- An up-to-date resume outlining your experience for the position
- A cover letter is always appreciate
- Salary history and/or requirements
We kindly ask for no phone calls be sent to our store, as a means to further your application process. Please do not personally deliver resumes to the store. These efforts will not enhance your opportunity for consideration, and we are not equipped to respond to these requests. We thank you kindly in advance for your adherence to this request.
Candidates who meet our selection criteria will be contacted by e-mail or phone.
Thank you for your interest in our position. We appreciate the time you have taken to apply with us.
Bradford Carpet One Floor & Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer